Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Relaxing????

A few years ago my My Wonderful Man and I bought a beach place by Chincoteague Island, VA. Nothing to extravagant, just place to go and clear our heads and RELAX. Well that was the plan and for the most part it is very relaxing, a place where I get back to Tracy, not the mom of sons 1, 2, and 3.

So I saw a friend had put down the cutest little patio, not stones that you buy but she made them.. Ah make them.. that sounded wonderful.. So last weekend My Wonderful Man and I took the three hour drive down to the beach place to relax and get some work done. It just so happened that we had a heat wave maxing out at 104 degrees..

After mixing the cement and almost passing out, this is what I ended up with.Yes the hole in the middle is not centered. I moved the stones around after I passed out from the heat. my next trip down I am going to paint the fire ring with black super heat resistant paint and then add the sand. I think its going to be pretty cute. More pictures to come.


While I was mixing cement My Wonderful Man was building me a swing set for your easy chairs. Doesnt that sound relaxing, Easy Chairs. I think they turned out pretty nice.

Whatta think?

Until next time...





2 comments:

  1. Relaxing at a second home - vacation or not - I think is a contradiction of terms! I love the patio! Did you use that cement form thingy to create the pavers? It looks tedious, but it's turning out real nice. And what a cute a swing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the swing is wonderful.. Chadd fell off it twice though. lol i laughed so hard. inside of course.. the pavers werent too bad, it was a form. I will post a new picture with the sand. Im going down tomorrow for the weekend no hubby..

    ReplyDelete